Hello, my name is Hannah, it’s 1st January 2017 and I am a cliché.
I haven’t blogged since April 2016, and if I’m honest, the break has done me the world of good you know? If you look back at this “hiatus” post from March, you’ll see how drastically unhappy I was with the content I was spewing out, as well as trying to juggle this hobby with the rest of my life.
Nothing much has changed. I still have two dogs, I still work full time, my partner still works 12 hour shifts and I still have a house to run. The reason I feel ready to come back to blogging is that I’ve focused the past 8 months on getting my routine down. My house pretty much runs like clockwork now, and the dogs and work fit nicely in to that. This blog once brought me so much joy, and I’d love to get back in to the blogging community and hopefully make something of my little corner of the internet. This is how I plan to do this.
- I want to be posting about twice a week as standard. This will be one beauty post, and one lifestyle post. These days will most likely be Tuesday and Friday.
- In addition to the above standard posting days, I want to add a little something different to my blog. If you read a little further down, you’ll see me mention my desire to lose half my body weight. I rejoined Slimming World just before Christmas (brilliant idea, I know) and weigh in on Wednesdays. As such, I’ve come up with the original and witty “Weigh In Wednesday” title for a weekly series. These will just be a little round up of my week, a rough guide meal plan, some foodie pictures and just an all round chat about my attitude towards losing weight.
- Everyone says that they aren’t in it for the followers, but lets be honest, it does give you that motivational kick up the arse. I currently stand on 326 followers on Bloglovin. By the end of 2017, I would like to be on 700. That’s just over double, I reckon it’s achievable!
- Twitter – that’s a tricky one. I have a love/hate relationship with Twitter, sometimes I’m on it always, and then I ignore it for days. I’m at 676, and again, would like to double it to 1350 by the end of the year.
- Pinterest. Ahh, the elusive Pinterest. If I’m 100% honest, although I love Pinterest, I don’t really know how to use it. I’m going to dig out a guide, but at a measly 25 followers, I’m going to need to really work at this one. Shall we call it 100? I think that’s a good shout.
- Instagram. Ok, Insta is going to be tricky too. I have 2 at the moment, one for Slimming World, and one for DolledUp. 576 people are following my SW Insta, and a grand total of 0 on my blog account (which I set up 2 days ago and haven’t posted on yet). Let’s call it 1000 on SW and 300 on DolledUp? Yeah? Good.
- So, as mentioned above, I want to lose weight. Who doesn’t after Christmas?! I want to lose just shy of half of my body weight. I’m not going to give you numbers because I’m actually quite disgusted with myself. I envy those plus sized gals who look great in everything and really own their size. For me, it leads to depressive bouts and looking like a potato. So there we have it. I was a size 8 once, and I will be again. Not by the end of the year, but if I can lose 4 stone this year, I will be the Happiest Hannah that ever was.
- I want to travel. Since I stopped blogging last year, I’ve travelled a lot – London, Scotland, The Lakes, Cuba, Amsterdam and Budapest, to be exact. I want to keep that up as best I can in 2017. We’re going to Kuala Lumpur and Bali for 14 days in March, and after that, we have nothing booked for the year. I don’t think we’ll go away as much this year as we did last (see below), but another couple of city breaks would be ideal for me.
- Mortgage. I don’t know if it’s just me, but I’m sick of hearing the words “shouldn’t you be saving for a mortgage?!” every time I buy anything remotely unnecessary. So I’m doing something about it. Well, we are. Me and my partner started saving for a mortgage mid 2016, and by the end of 2017, I’m hoping we have at least 5% for the deposit on a little home of our own.
- Lastly, I want to be more mindful. I’ve found myself caring less and less about what other people think of me, and as a result I’ve found myself getting happier and happier. I don’t want to be the doormat who rolls over and gives in rather than face confrontation. I want to happily fight against the things that bring me down. And fight I shall.
And so wraps up my first post of 2017. The whole “New Year, New Me” thing may drive most people insane, but I think that the very first day of the year is as good as any to revamp your life. It gives you a clear reference point when you want to look and see how far you’ve come.
Let me know your goals below, and let’s smash 2017 together!